User Tag List

Thread: volume icon

volume icon

User Info Menu

volume icon

the volume icon on my task bar sometimes disappears and i try to get it back but nothing works ( i have windows 7).
    i went on to the task bar (right hand side) then customize -> turn system icons on or off -> then i see the volume icon but i cant change it cos its grey and it wont do anything when i click it :( any one know how to solve the problem?

volume icon

User Info Menu

Re: volume icon

@natter37 go to your Control Panel and go into Sounds and Audio devices. Make sure that the option "Place volume icon in system taskbar" is checked.

If that does not work you could try uninstalling the sound driver.
    Start> Right click on 'My Computer'> Properties> Hardware> Device Manager. Locate your sound driver and uninstall it. Reboot your computer and Windows will install a new driver for you.

If none of the above work for you then you may have a virus affecting your tray. Go here for more information:
    http://www.consolediscussions.com/fo...dware-ect.html

Rules are HERE. They have been updated as of May 30th 2013 at 5:00 A.M.
    If you see a topic that a link is broken, the information is no longer correct, the content has been patched, or a rule is being broken please use the button. Thanks.

volume icon

User Info Menu

@JohnnyMcKinney - is the link for downloading anti-virus or a program like malwarebytes just for scanning

volume icon

User Info Menu

The link is to an all in one download of the best combination of anti-virus, anti-spybot, anti malware, anti-adaware, and a utility to clean up problem areas where viruses like to hang out.

If you continue having problems. Post you HiJackThis log in the above aforementioned post.

Rules are HERE. They have been updated as of May 30th 2013 at 5:00 A.M.
    If you see a topic that a link is broken, the information is no longer correct, the content has been patched, or a rule is being broken please use the button. Thanks.