User Tag List

Thread: Question about the PSP 3000 and CFW

Question about the PSP 3000 and CFW

User Info Menu

Alrite so I really used to be into the whole hacking thing up until about a year ago when my PSP 2000 got slammed in a car door and ruined the motherboard. I'm now thinking about getting a new PSP and I would like to get a PSP 3000 but as I understand it, they can't be hacked. Is this true?

User Info Menu

Re: Question about the PSP 3000 and CFW

yes it can be hacked. With firmware chik-HEN or GEN A. Some one confirm me?
    SOCOM FTB2-taker15rule
    MOHH2-TaKerzbad
    The One You Call Immortal

User Info Menu

*Bump*

I have the same Q, I'm going to upgrade so I can get senseMe if the 3000 can't be hacked outside of the TIFF HEn.
    ||||| RETIRED |||||
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Before asking a question try searching for it.
    Links: Forum Rules, Forum Updates, Buy VIP/Premium, My Webdesign Site, Contact Me

User Info Menu

Yes you have to run Chicken Hen R2 on a PSP 3000 (5.03 OFW only) then it is homebrew enabled and after that you run CFW Enabler and you can get 5.03GEN A or 5.03M33-6 on a PSP 3000. Mines on 5.03GEN A with no problems. :)

PURE AWSOMENESS

User Info Menu

actually, customfirmare enabler only installs 5.03m33-6 and to install 5.03GEN-A ur going to need the installer(go 2 dl.qj.net or psp gen). The thing about customfirmware enabler is that after a hard reset its going to go back to official firmware, while 5.03GEN-A is forever as long as u dont upgrade 2 to a higher firmware. Hope this helps. ;)

User Info Menu

So Gen will stay and it's safe? Either way i think i'm going to just upgrade to reap the benefits of nothing. I want senseMe though so it looks like i'm locked out of the scene till i get my screen for my phat... which i probably won't do.
    ||||| RETIRED |||||
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Before asking a question try searching for it.
    Links: Forum Rules, Forum Updates, Buy VIP/Premium, My Webdesign Site, Contact Me